ROLLER COASTER...

Well, Monday was one of the most frightening days of my life.  I thought for sure that we would lose Dad.  Tuesday, having made it through that, I still felt that eery, surreal feeling that I was about to experience life without my dad.  I didn't sleep well (just a confession).  I kept going over and over in my mind what the funeral would be like. 

After all that Dad actually showed a few signs of improvement today!  It's a roller coaster.  The prayers of the righteous indeed do avail much.  

2 Corinthians 4:16 says: "Therefor we do not lose heart, though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, works for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen.  For the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal."

God please make this a reality in all of our lives today.

Kirk 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rev. Hi this Adrian. I hope that all is well with you and pull through these rough times. We here in New York constantly keep you in our prayers and I will always remember the times you and had together in the water. Be careful when the women want to go shopping. Smile. Adrian