PEACE OUT!

One of the moments I will remember as the future unfolds with my dad is that on Tuesday, August 21st, as I was walking out of the room to leave (and after I had given him a "peace" sign),  Dad raised two fingers and gave me the peace sign!  He's been more alert, though obviously not thrilled to be bed-ridden, than we've seen him in weeks.  It's been up and down.  But this period of answered prayer -- prayers prayed by so many of you -- is high on my list of evidences for my dull spiritual eyes of the Lord's faithfulness.  "Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not, they're new every morning.  Great is His faithfulness."

Last night they finally moved Dad from ICU into a private room!  Praise God.  Keep praying.

Kirk

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best to The great Rev. Whalum. My father, George Nettles, shared many moments of happiness deep sea fishing in Florida with Rev. I wish the family all the best now and forever.

My father died of a stroke April 2003, and he love Olivet. Thanks for sharing. God blessings forever

hafeesa nettles

Anonymous said...

I was about to make a call to Hazella, for business, and googled the website (Stroke For Hope) I saw your Blog, and wanted to wish the great Rev Whalum all the Best. my father George Nettles life grew spiritualy rich through his guidance. they were deep sea fishing buddies. Great blessing and stories I was told by my father. George died April 2003 of a stroke. He died a man of God. We have the Rev to credit that. may God keep Rev Whalum, and the family close in this and other situations of concern, and thanksgiving.

Again All The best
Hafeesa Nettles - NYC