The Next Leg of the Journey

kirkwhalum.com

Somehow or another time froze for a moment as I looked at the label on the bar of soap in my hotel bathroom. (I know, I need to get a job)! The word SOAP was nowhere to be found on the packaging. Instead was written, "Clarifying Bar." My mind raced to wonder, "What is the connection between clarity and cleansing."

I believe that the Lord was saying that the clarity we seek, the clarity we need in order to know what to do and when to do it... is somehow tied to the cleansing work of the Spirit. 1John 1:9 says; "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us of all unrighteousness."

As you meditate on that scripture, let those two words, "cleanse" and "all," sink deep into your spirit. Allow God to first cleanse your conscience (He has already cleansed away the sins themselves) and then to give you the clarity that you need for the next leg of the journey. As he washes away the guilt, he will also point you in the right direction.

Kirk

No comments: