ENTER NOW INTO THE JOY OF YOUR LORD!

It is with so much sorrow and so much joy and so much gratitude (a true mixed bag) that we announce the departure of Rev. K.T. Whalum, Sr. to be with his Lord forever.  He left us peacefully here in Memphis at 7:28PM, October 22, 2007, with his wife Rosie, my wife Ruby and our dear friends Lumbrea (Rosie's sister) and Hazella LaVar of Stroke of Hope, and myself, Kirk by his side.  There were several of his closest friends with us at that time, for which we are grateful.

His life, especially at the end, was enriched and sustained by the prayers of you, his friends and family.  His home-going was beautiful because of your loving prayers.  We are forever in your debt.

We will now do our very best to "do what we know for sure" and draw close to The Comforter as we process having lost our "Rev."

Funeral arrangements are incomplete, but we will celebrate Rev's life on this coming Saturday (October 27th) in Memphis.

Blessings and thanks,

Kirk Whalum


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kirk,

My condolences to you and your family; you all continue to be in my prayers.

Please also pass on my love and condolences to Uncle Peanuts and Miss Ronnie.

Alycee Nelson Ruley
Morton, PA

Anonymous said...

Rosie, Kirk, Kevin and Family:
Love you all! Know that my prayers are with you as you walk this valley. HE will see you through. I miss "Rev" already, but I have wonderful memories and the knowledge that I will see him again in glory! Still "walking by faith and not by sight"! Be encouraged!!

Deborah Manning Thomas
Memphis, TN

Stroke of Hope said...

May the comfort of the Shepard guide your family to still waters. There you can meditate on the goodness of god blessing in his gracing this world with the presences of Rev. Whalum

Peaceful Journey

Audrey J.

Anonymous said...

To the Whalum family,

I am sorry to hear of the passing of yoru father. As I have known you Kirk for so many years, I know he was a good man as he has has been reflected by your actions.

May God bless the family during this sad time.

Regards;
Your brother from Northern Ireland,

Reginald Clark and Family